Falling Behind on Friday # 2: Allegiant by Veronica Roth

Friday 27 March 2015

Falling Behind on Friday is an original weekly feature created at Moirae the Fates. The idea is that each week you pick a book that you are ashamed to admit has been on your TBR pile for a longtime and showcase it to your audience. You can find out more about this feature here.

This week I am falling behind on:

ALLEGIANT BY VERONICA ROTH


The faction-based society that Tris Prior once believed in is shattered--fractured by violence and power struggles and scarred by loss and betrayal. So when offered a chance to explore the world past the limits she’s known, Tris is ready. Perhaps beyond the fence, she and Tobias will find a simple new life together, free from complicated lies, tangled loyalties, and painful memories.

But Tris’s new reality is even more alarming than the one she left behind. Old discoveries are quickly rendered meaningless. Explosive new truths change the hearts of those she loves. And once again, Tris must battle to comprehend the complexities of human nature--and of herself--while facing impossible choices about courage, allegiance, sacrifice, and love.




Why am I falling behind?
Now this is probably another one that people are going to be throwing stuff at me for. How could I have not finished Allegiant yet? You see the thing is, I have read the book, just not all the way through. I know the ending and what happens along the way, I just haven't devoured every single page because I might have skipped over a few chapters. Oops? When Allegiant first came out there was just so much hype around it that when I got to it, I wasn't enjoying it as much as I should have. It also didn't help that I wasn't enjoying the story as much as I was hoping for - it just seemed to be a bit anticlimactic to me. I will get to this book eventually though! I plan on marathoning the entire trilogy one after the other to get the full effect and be able to remember everything that happens as I go along. So there is another shameful secret that you guys get to know!

What books are you falling behind on this Friday?

Let me know in the comments below, or over on any of my social media platforms. I'd love to read which books you guys are falling behind on.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Copyright © 2014 The Blogger's Bookshop
Template by These Paper Hearts