Top Ten Tuesday # 15: Ten Books That Celebrate Diversity/Diverse Characters

Tuesday 21 July 2015

Top Ten Tuesday is an original weekly feature created at The Broke and the Bookish. Each week they post a new Top Ten list that you have to answer. You can find out more about this feature here.

This week's feature is: Ten Books That Celebrate Diversity or Contain Diverse Characters. Now it has been stated that this can feature examples of minority/religious minority groups, socioeconomic diversity, disabled MC, neurotypical characters, LGBTQ ect. Now I've only recently started building up my collection of diverse books but here are some of the ones that I own/ that I've heard celebrate diversity or contain diverse characters!

1. Simon vs the Homosapiens Agenda by Becky Albertalli
2. The Darkest Part of the Forest by Holly Black
3. The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time by Mark Haddon
4. All Fall Down by Ally Carter
5. Heroes of Olympus Series by Rick Riordan
6. The Casual Vacancy by J.K. Rowling
7. The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbowsky
8. I'll Give You the Sun by Jandy Nelson
9. The Mortal Instruments by Cassandra Clare
10. The Wrath and the Dawn by Renee Ahdieh
If you have any diverse books that you think I should get to immediately then please let me know in the comments! I'd love to hear about them!

Thanks for reading my list! Feel free to share your thoughts on these diverse books in the comments below, or over on any of my social media platforms. If you feel like doing this then feel free to do your Top Ten Tuesday post and link me it, I'd love to read what you come up with!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Copyright © 2014 The Blogger's Bookshop
Template by These Paper Hearts