Falling Behind on Friday # 11:Afterworlds by Scott Westerfeld

Friday 26 June 2015

Falling Behind on Friday is an original weekly feature created at Moirae the Fates. The idea is that each week you pick a book that you are ashamed to admit has been on your TBR pile for a longtime and showcase it to your audience. You can find out more about this feature here.

This week I am falling behind on:


AFTERWORLDS BY SCOTT WESTERFELD

Darcy Patel has put college and everything else on hold to publish her teen novel, Afterworlds. Arriving in New York with no apartment or friends she wonders whether she's made the right decision until she falls in with a crowd of other seasoned and fledgling writers who take her under their wings…

Told in alternating chapters is Darcy's novel, a suspenseful thriller about Lizzie, a teen who slips into the 'Afterworld' to survive a terrorist attack. But the Afterworld is a place between the living and the dead and as Lizzie drifts between our world and that of the Afterworld, she discovers that many unsolved - and terrifying - stories need to be reconciled. And when a new threat resurfaces, Lizzie learns her special gifts may not be enough to protect those she loves and cares about most.

Why am I falling behind?
Ever since the idea behind Afterworlds was released into this world I knew I had to get my hands on it, so when it was eventually released in the UK I grabbed this book as quick as humanly possibly. Unfortunately the only reason it's still sitting on my shelf is purely down to the sheer size of the book. It's absolutely huge and although people have told me that because it's told in alternating chapters it doesn't feel as long, there is still something that is quite intimidating about the book. Hopefully I'll get to it eventually!

What books are you falling behind on this Friday?

Let me know in the comments below, or over on any of my social media platforms. I'd love to read which books you guys are falling behind on.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Copyright © 2014 The Blogger's Bookshop
Template by These Paper Hearts