Waiting on Wednesday # 8: A Silent Voice by Yoshitoki Oima

Wednesday 13 May 2015

Waiting on Wednesday is an original weekly feature created at Breaking the Spine. The idea is that each week you make a post that spotlights upcoming releases that you're eagerly anticipating. You can find out more about this feature here.

This week I am deciding to spotlight:


A SILENT VOICE BY YOSHITOKI OIMA

Publication date: 28th May 2015
LEARNING TO LISTEN

I wish we had never met. I wish we could meet once more.

Years ago, Shoya Ishida led his peers in tormenting a hearing-impaired classmate, Shoko Nishimiya. When she transfers schools, Shoya finds he has gone from bully to bullied, and is left completely alone. Now Shoya struggles to redeem himself in Shoko's eyes and to face the classmates who turned on him. He learns sign language to apologise to Shoko for his behaviour, and so begins a relationship that will change his and Shoko's lives forever.

So this is the first manga that I've featured on my Waiting on Wednesday feature and I'm so glad it is. I only recently heard about A Silent Voice after it was compared to be The Fault in Our Stars of all manga. So naturally I was curious, and although this entire saga has been released in Japan, it only starts to come out in English at the end of this month. The only issue is that because it's a manga we have to wait until it's all been translated - I don't think the next volume comes out for a few months. It's nothing to wait in comparison to a book sequel but because manga's are so short, it makes the wait even more torturous. I am so excited to be adding this to my wish list of purchases to buy in the near future.


So what is your Waiting on Wednesday pick this week?

Let me know in the comments below, or over on any of my social media platforms. I'd love to read what your picks are!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Copyright © 2014 The Blogger's Bookshop
Template by These Paper Hearts