Waiting on Wednesday # 10: Night Owls by Jenn Bennett

Wednesday 27 May 2015

Waiting on Wednesday is an original weekly feature created at Breaking the Spine. The idea is that each week you make a post that spotlights upcoming releases that you're eagerly anticipating. You can find out more about this feature here.

This week I am deciding to spotlight:

NIGHT OWLS BY JENN BENNETT


Publication date: September 24th 2015

Since school had let out in May, gold graffiti had been popping up around San Francisco. Single words painted in enormous golden letters appeared on bridges and building fronts. Not semi-illegible, angry gang tags, but beautifully executed fonts done by someone with talent and skill...

Meeting Jack on the Owl—San Francisco's night bus—turns Beatrix's world upside down. Jack is charming, wildly attractive...and possibly one of San Francisco's most notorious graffiti artists.

On midnight rides and city rooftops, Beatrix begins to see who this enigmatic boy really is. But Jack is hiding much more - and can she uncover the truth that leaves him so wounded?

So this book has been pitched at the next Fault in Our Stars or Eleanor and Park. That is totally not something we've ever heard before about an upcoming contemporary, right? However there is something about this one that captures my attention more than the other comparisons, but I just can't put my finger on it. I adore the cover for this one, I think it works really well and is extremely bold and vibrant. I'm very excited to pick this book up in September - hopefully I can try and obtain a proof before then because that would make me ecstatic! Especially with how amazing the proof covers are.... *drools*

So what is your Waiting on Wednesday pick this week? 

Let me know in the comments below, or over on any of my social media platforms. I'd love to read what your picks are!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Copyright © 2014 The Blogger's Bookshop
Template by These Paper Hearts