Falling Behind on Friday # 8: Pride and Prejudice

Friday 22 May 2015

Falling Behind on Friday is an original weekly feature created at Moirae the Fates. The idea is that each week you pick a book that you are ashamed to admit has been on your TBR pile for a longtime and showcase it to your audience. You can find out more about this feature here.

This week I am falling behind on:

PRIDE AND PREJUDICE BY JANE AUSTEN



When Elizabeth Bennet first meets eligible bachelor Fitzwilliam Darcy, she thinks him arrogant and conceited, while he struggles to remain indifferent to her good looks and lively mind. When she later discovers that Darcy has involved himself in the troubled relationship between his friend Bingley and her beloved sister Jane, she is determined to dislike him more than ever. In the sparkling comedy of manners that follows, Jane Austen shows the folly of judging by first impressions and superbly evokes the friendships, gossip and snobberies of provincial middle-class life.

Why am I falling behind?

I hate to admit this one because it's one of those classics that pretty much everyone has read. It's also the basis for some of the most romantic traits that occur in YA novels today. I have technically started this as I was meant to read it for school, but as I decided to drop English Literature during my second year of A Levels (worst decision ever!), I never found my self to picking it back up again. I even have two copies of this book - a battered school copy and a pristine beautiful cover edition. Oops? I do hope to get to this at some point this year as I am desperate to see what all of the fuss is all about!

What books are you falling behind on this Friday?

Let me know in the comments below, or over on any of my social media platforms. I'd love to read which books you guys are falling behind on.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Copyright © 2014 The Blogger's Bookshop
Template by These Paper Hearts