Falling Behind on Friday # 9: The Chaos Walking Trilogy by Patrick Ness

Friday 29 May 2015

Falling Behind on Friday is an original weekly feature created at Moirae the Fates. The idea is that each week you pick a book that you are ashamed to admit has been on your TBR pile for a longtime and showcase it to your audience. You can find out more about this feature here.

This week I am falling behind on:

THE CHAOS WALKING TRILOGY BY PATRICK NESS
 


Todd Hewitt is the only boy in a town of men. Ever since the settlers were infected with the Noise germ, Todd can hear everything the men think, and they hear everything he thinks. Todd is just a month away from becoming a man, but in the midst of the cacophony, he knows that the town is hiding something from him -- something so awful Todd is forced to flee with only his dog, whose simple, loyal voice he hears too. With hostile men from the town in pursuit, the two stumble upon a strange and eerily silent creature: a girl. Who is she? Why wasn't she killed by the germ like all the females on New World? Propelled by Todd's gritty narration, readers are in for a white-knuckle journey in which a boy on the cusp of manhood must unlearn everything he knows in order to figure out who he truly is.

But how do you escape when your pursuers can hear your every thought?
Why am I falling behind?

It's such a shame that I'm falling behind on this series because everybody I talk to absolutely rants and raves about it! It sounds like an awesome series as well, but I just found the writing style to be really tricky to get into. I own the eBook of the first book, The Knife of Never Letting Go and just the integration of the thoughts into the writing made it really difficult for me to gain the concept of. I think I got as far as Todd meeting up with the girl and then I stopped reading. This is definitely a series I am desperate to catch up with so hopefully I can return to it soon and give it the second chance it deserves!

What books are you falling behind on this Friday?

Let me know in the comments below, or over on any of my social media platforms. I'd love to read which books you guys are falling behind on.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Copyright © 2014 The Blogger's Bookshop
Template by These Paper Hearts