Falling Behind on Friday #5: Paper Towns by John Green

Friday 24 April 2015

Falling Behind on Friday is an original weekly feature created at Moirae the Fates. The idea is that each week you pick a book that you are ashamed to admit has been on your TBR pile for a longtime and showcase it to your audience. You can find out more about this feature here.

This week I am falling behind on:


PAPER TOWNS BY JOHN GREEN



Quentin Jacobsen has spent a lifetime loving the magnificently adventurous Margo Roth Spiegelman from afar. So when she cracks open a window and climbs into his life—dressed like a ninja and summoning him for an ingenious campaign of revenge—he follows. 


After their all-nighter ends, and a new day breaks, Q arrives at school to discover that Margo, always an enigma, has now become a mystery. Q soon learns that there are clues in her disappearance . . . and they are for him. But as he gets deeper into the mystery – culminating in another awesome road trip across America – he becomes less sure of who and what he is looking for and the closer he gets, the less Q sees the girl he thought he knew...

Masterfully written by John Green, this is a thoughtful, insightful and hilarious coming-of-age story.


Why am I falling behind?
I think that Paper Towns was just one of those books that I picked up after I had read The Fault in Our Stars and then shelved because I wasn't emotionally prepared for another heart-renching roller coaster that does not certainly only go up my friend! So naturally as it got shelved and other books released, dust gathered and then I just lost the urge to read it. However, with the movie coming out in a few months I feel obliged to read it before I go and see the film - well that and I'm having a real craving for summer/road trip books at the minute and I think that this could cure that fix. Perhaps it will be the next book I pick up! Who am I kidding, probably not. Have you seen my review pile?

What books are you falling behind on this Friday?

Let me know in the comments below, or over on any of my social media platforms. I'd love to read which books you guys are falling behind on.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Copyright © 2014 The Blogger's Bookshop
Template by These Paper Hearts