Falling Behind on Friday #4: Trouble by Non Pratt

Friday 17 April 2015

Falling Behind on Friday is an original weekly feature created at Moirae the Fates. The idea is that each week you pick a book that you are ashamed to admit has been on your TBR pile for a longtime and showcase it to your audience. You can find out more about this feature here.

This week I am falling behind on:

TROUBLE BY NON PRATT

In this dazzling debut novel, a pregnant teen learns the meaning of friendship—from the boy who pretends to be her baby’s father.

When the entire high school finds out that Hannah Shepard is pregnant via her ex-best friend, she has a full-on meltdown in her backyard. The one witness (besides the rest of the world): Aaron Tyler, a transfer student and the only boy who doesn’t seem to want to get into Hannah’s pants. Confused and scared, Hannah needs someone to be on her side. Wishing to make up for his own past mistakes, Aaron does the unthinkable and offers to pretend to be the father of Hannah’s unborn baby. Even more unbelievable, Hannah hears herself saying “yes.”

Told in alternating perspectives between Hannah and Aaron, Trouble is the story of two teenagers helping each other to move forward in the wake of tragedy and devastating choices. As you read about their year of loss, regret, and hope, you’ll remember your first, real best friend—and how they were like a first love.

Why am I falling behind?
I can't seem to justify a valid reason behind why I have fallen behind with Trouble. It's just not acceptable. I don't own a physical copy of the book but it is on my kindle - which is why I think it might have been pushed back down the TBR pile... I think that if I am able to physical see this book on my shelves then the guilt builds up inside me quicker and encourages me on read it - on my kindle (which is quite often out of battery) it remains sitting there, screaming at me to read it behind a dying screen. Poor thing. That reminds me, I need to charge it. However, when I first ordered Trouble I was super excited for it, and I still am. I loved the movie Juno and I was getting a Juno-ish vibe from the book with the whole teenage pregnancy issue, even if the plot line is completely different. Also, this book was a YA Book Prize nominee, it makes me want to devour it even more than usual! It doesn't help that Non Pratt also has another book coming out, 'Remix' which is my MOST ANTICIPATED RELEASE OF THE SUMMER! I literally have been eyeing this book up since it was first announced so I am counting down the months till it's release! Not long now! Perhaps I shall have to just marathon these when Remix is released. I wonder if Non managed to find a proof for me...I'll have to ask.

What books are you falling behind on this Friday?

Let me know in the comments below, or over on any of my social media platforms. I'd love to read which books you guys are falling behind on.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Copyright © 2014 The Blogger's Bookshop
Template by These Paper Hearts