Falling Behind on Friday # 1: Heir of Fire by Sarah J Maas

Friday 20 March 2015

Falling Behind on Friday is an original weekly feature created at Moirae the Fates. The idea is that each week you pick a book that you are ashamed to admit has been on your TBR pile for a longtime and showcase it to your audience. You can find out more about this feature here.

This week I am falling behind on:

HEIR OF FIRE BY SARAH J MAAS

Lost and broken, Celaena Sardothien’s only thought is to avenge the savage death of her dearest friend: as the King of Adarlan’s Assassin, she is bound to serve this tyrant, but he will pay for what he did. Any hope Celaena has of destroying the king lies in answers to be found in Wendlyn. Sacrificing his future, Chaol, the Captain of the King’s Guard, has sent Celaena there to protect her, but her darkest demons lay in that same place. If she can overcome them, she will be Adarlan’s biggest threat – and his own toughest enemy. 

While Celaena learns of her true destiny, and the eyes of Erilea are on Wendlyn, a brutal and beastly force is preparing to take to the skies. Will Celaena find the strength not only to win her own battles, but to fight a war that could pit her loyalties to her own people against those she has grown to love?


Why am I falling behind?
Now I know a lot of you are probably screaming at your keyboards wondering why I'm excited for Queen of Shadows if I haven't even read Heir of Fire? What makes it worse dear readers is I got a signed copy of the book three weeks before it's release back in August 2014! Shameful I know! I read the first two books in the series, as well as the prequel novellas back in April 2014 and then when the third book came out I just shelved it with the others! I literally have no excuse for why I didn't pick it up, not even that I was completing my University degree because I still read books then! So now you guys know my shameful secret!

What books are you falling behind on this Friday?

Let me know in the comments below, or over on any of my social media platforms. I'd love to read which books you guys are falling behind on.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Copyright © 2014 The Blogger's Bookshop
Template by These Paper Hearts