Waiting on Wednesday # 14: Lair of Dreams by Libba Bray

Wednesday 15 July 2015

Waiting on Wednesday is an original weekly feature created at Breaking the Spine. The idea is that each week you make a post that spotlights upcoming releases that you're eagerly anticipating. You can find out more about this feature here.

This week I am deciding to spotlight:


LAIR OF DREAMS BY LIBBA BRAY


Publication date: August 25th 2015

After a supernatural showdown with a serial killer, Evie O'Neill has outed herself as a Diviner. Now that the world knows of her ability to "read" objects, and therefore, read the past, she has become a media darling, earning the title, "America's Sweetheart Seer." But not everyone is so accepting of the Diviners' abilities...

Meanwhile, mysterious deaths have been turning up in the city, victims of an unknown sleeping sickness. Can the Diviners descend into the dreamworld and catch a killer?

I cannot wait to get my teeth into this book. Luckily I have an advanced reader copy waiting for me to dive straight into, but first I think I need to have a re-read or at least a refresh of the first book in this series. The only issue being the first book is almost 600 pages long... From what I remember of the first book, I fell in love with the writing, the characters were dynamic and the plot was creepy and intense. A perfect thriller type novel that I was completely sucked into. I barely remember the novel taking me much time at all however I feel that it will definitely drag the second time around. They usually do. I need to get a start on this one ASAP because I have Chelle from Tales of Yesterday waiting to do a buddy read with me for Lair of Dreams!

So what is your Waiting on Wednesday pick this week? 

Let me know in the comments below, or over on any of my social media platforms. I'd love to read what your picks are! 

2 comments:

  1. I havent started reading this either yet! Still chance we can buddy read - no rush :-) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha we're both just busy book bloggers! We'll get to it eventually!

      Delete

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Copyright © 2014 The Blogger's Bookshop
Template by These Paper Hearts