The BookFangirling Blogger Awards

Tuesday 14 July 2015

Hey guys! So this post is a little bit different because it is very spur of the moment! So, the lovely Hannah from BookFangirling (link to her blog and twitter) has nominated me to receive her blog award! I was chosen alongside 9 other wonderful individuals for this award and I graciously accept. Hannah believes that my blog is wonderful and my reviews are helpful, well isn't that lovely to hear! I'm very touched! 

As I am accepting this award, I have to answer a few questions and then nominate some wonderful folks that I think deserve this award as well! Nice and easy, I'll post all of the rules etc down below, or you can check out Hannah's original post here.

Onto the questions!

Question One: What is your favourite thing about blogging? 

Oh that's an easy one. I like interacting with people who share the same passions for books as I do. Unfortunately I'm quite limited in my area to discuss my passions with others, as not everyone shares my obsession with books quite as much as I. I love being able to create new content that I feel people will enjoy and also share my feelings and opinions (no matter how strong) with people and I know that they will never judge me for them. If I could hug you all, I would!

Question Two: Which book, series, character or fandom do you fangirl/boy over the post?

My stereotypical answer would have to be Harry Potter. As generic as an answer as it is, Harry Potter was literally my childhood. Heck, I'm 22 and I still live in a Harry Potter decorated room. My obsession knows no bounds. It will always be a book series that is close to my heart because it reminds me so fondly of my mother, whom shared in this healthy obsession for years and years and to this day is still more than happy to sit and marathon every film with me at least once a month. Every time I am just overwhelmed with emotions over those films! My childhood!


Question Three: Why do you think you are such a big fangirl/boy of said thing?

I think it's mainly because the fandom is so large that you never really hear the same discussions more than twice. It's always refreshing and even though the Harry Potter series ended years ago, it still remains strong in the hearts of it's readers. I'm such a fanboy of this series because when I was younger I was a strong believer in magic - as corny as it sounds I liked to envision a world with it because I found the world we live in rather boring, and who doesn't want a world where Quidditch is a sport?! Also, isn't it great to just let loose every so often and explode in fangirl feelings?


Question Four: Who is the best person in your life to fangirl with?

Oh this is a tricky one because there are so many people. If I limit the situation to real life, then probably my real but not real twin Hannah. She was my best friend while I was at University and we get on so well together we quite often got referred to as twins. She is amazing and when anything nerdy comes into conversation you bet your bottom dollar we'll automatically rush into the room to share our intense feelings. Basically, if you see us together I suggest you run, or get ear plugs because we'll bite your ears off with how much we talk about our fandoms. Don't ever get us started about the Avatar fandom. Katang forever!


Question Five: Which popular book/series/character do you wish you could fangirl over but you actually don't like?

This question is difficult! Oh my goodness, this is very difficult! The majority of the fandoms that I wish I could fangirl over I already belong in... I'd have to say the Twilight series. I would love to fangirl over it purely because very similar to Harry Potter, the fandom is so large that you could have endless conversation. Also, there is a lot of debate within that fandom so I can imagine the conversations would be riveting. Alas, this is a book series that I literally cannot stand, I could not get into that series. I found the characters pretentious and unfortunately quite dull. Sorry Twi-hards, it's not for me and no it's not because I'm a die-hard Potterhead. Okay, maybe a little bit!


So now that the questions are over, I'm supposed to nominate some people whom I think deserve the award and then write some questions for them to answer! However, as I'm not all that creative with questions (and I think Hannah's are great) I'm just going to get you guys to answer the ones I've answered in my post! I'd love to see what kind of answers you come up with!

I nominate:

Sally from The Dark Dictator - Blog / Twitter
Chelle from Tales of Yesterday - Blog / Twitter
Beth from The Readers Corner - Blog / Twitter
Daphne from Winged Reviews - Blog / Twitter
Kieran from Book Bitch Reviews - Blog / Twitter
Faye from A Daydreamer's Thoughts - Blog / Twitter

Now that you're nominated, if you accept your award you have to:
  • Create a post accepting your award.
  • Add the blog award button into your post (just save the picture to your computer and upload it) and put it on the side of your blog as a widget.
  • Answer the questions.
  • Nominate between 5-10 book bloggers who you think deserve this award.
  • Use the hashtag #bookfangirlingblogaward on Twitter when you're done so Hannah can see your answers and nominations! 
If you don't want to accept the award, that is also fine! Just pass on the award to someone you feel deserves it! Congratulations to all of the nominees! 

2 comments:

  1. Ahh! I loved these answers, they were really interesting to read. Thanks for being such a great book blogger - you deserved this nomination! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Oh stop it, you're too kind!

      Delete

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Copyright © 2014 The Blogger's Bookshop
Template by These Paper Hearts