Top Ten Tuesday #5: Top Ten Inspiring Quotes from Books/Authors

Tuesday 14 April 2015

Top Ten Tuesday is an original weekly feature created at The Broke and the Bookish. Each week they post a new Top Ten list that you have to answer. You can find out more about this feature here.

This week's feature is: Top Ten Inspiring Quotes from Books! Now apparently these can be quotes that you like for any reason at all, they don't even have to have any personal meaning. However, as I have a lot of quotes saved on my phone and I don't necessarily know which books they are from, I might just do top ten quotes from authors...So without further ado, here are my top ten inspiring quotes from books/authors!

1. "I'd rather die on an adventure than live standing still."

    - V.E.Schwab (A Darker Shade of Magic)

2. “And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places. Those who don't believe in magic will never find it.” 
    - Roald Dahl.

3. “It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.” 
     - J.K. Rowling (Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone)

4. “Books are mirrors: you only see in them what you already have inside you.” 
     - Carlos Ruiz Zafon (The Shadow of the Wind)

5. “Every book has a soul, the soul of the person who wrote it and the soul of those who read it and dream about it.” 
     - Carlos Ruiz Zafon (The Angel's Game)

6. “Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, it's a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope.” 
    - Dr. Seuss

7. "So we beat on, boats against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past.” 
    - F.Scott. Fitzgerald (The Great Gatsby)

8. "In a house haunted by memories, the past is everywhere." 
    - Emily Bronte (Wuthering Heights)

9. “Not all those who wander are lost.” 
     - J.R.R.Tolkien (The Lord of the Rings)

10. "Happiness can be found even in the darkest times if one only remembers to turn on the light.” 
      - J.K. Rowling (Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban)


Thanks for reading my list! Feel free to share your thoughts on these quotes in the comments below, or over on any of my social media platforms. If you feel like doing this then feel free to do your Top Ten Tuesday post and link me it, I'd love to read what you come up with!

2 comments:

  1. Just saw that you're reading Coldest Girl in Coldtown - one of my favorite books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am yes! I'm 161 pages through at the minute and I'm enjoying it. Not sure if I like it as much as I did The Darkest Part of the Forest but it's bound to grow on me!

      Delete

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Copyright © 2014 The Blogger's Bookshop
Template by These Paper Hearts